With 2 weeks to go until the election, here are some ways to get involved:
Week 2 – Make sure everyone knows that early voting has started; encourage friends and family to vote and to vote early. Put out a lawn sign, write a letter to the editor, and brag to your friends and families about your efforts. Go to ActBlue and contribute to one or more candidates. As little as $5 helps! https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/rutland
And attend these events:
Wednesday October 24 5-8 pm Phonebank for Rep. Candidate William Notte – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for location and other details.
Thursday October 25
• 4-5:30 pm Meet and Greet Senate Candidate Scott Garren at Table 24, Rutland
• 6 pm MyRVP Training – Sharing space with the Castleton Indivisible meeting at the Leahy Center, Rutland Regional Medical Center: This is for well-connected volunteers (volunteers who have a lot of contacts in Rutland County who can navigate computers/smart phones. After a training, volunteers will use MyRVP (my Relational Voting Program) to mobilize people they already know and help get-out-the vote. Show up with a computer or smart phone, and be ready to train and work. Bring snacks and dress comfortably.
• 6 pm Castleton Indivisible, Leahy Center, Rutland Regional Medical Center – in lieu of our regular meeting, we’re going to do Get-Out-the-Vote Postcarding for local elections
Friday October 26 at 5-8 pm Phonebanking for candidates Dave Potter & Ken Fredette – 105 Mountain View Road, Tinmouth, VT 05773
Saturday October 27
• Rescheduled Get-out-the-vote Canvass with Rutland area NAACP – this has been moved to Nov 3
• 10:00 – 12:30 Rights and Democracy Rutland County literature drop mass canvass https://www.facebook.com/events/910155172517944/ If you would like to participate in both the NAACP Get-out-the-vote Canvass and the Rights and Democracy canvass, send a message through Facebook or email email@example.com. Rights and Democracy will arrange for you to have addresses and literature to drop after the NAACP event concludes. RSVP http://www.radvt.org/rutland_county_litdrop
• 10:00 – 8:00 pm Literature drop for Logan Nicoll – meet at 11 Depot Street, Ludlow https://www.facebook.com/events/683630988675863/
• 1:45 pm Canvass with Tim Guiles – meet at 44 Carver St., Brandon. No experience necessary. Wear comfortable shoes.
• 5:30 pm Democrats and Progressives marching together in the Rutland City Halloween Parade. The theme is “Don’t be dragon your feet, get out and vote.” Line-up is at 5:30. Parade start is at 6:30. All marchers must be in costume. You are allowed to have the name of the candidate on your person, but you are not allowed to add the words “vote for”, “elect” or anything else along those lines that would be considered politicking. If the candidate is currently in office we ask that they only use their name and not include the title of the office they hold. We further ask that you refrain from politicking before, during and after the parade. Put politics aside for one night and show your respect for this community. Flyers will not be permitted to be distributed; however you may choose to hand out candy/treats. You will need to place it in the bags of the children and under no circumstances will you be allowed to throw or drop candy out towards the crowd. This is a safety concern and will be strictly enforced. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday October 28
• Canvassing for candidates Dave Potter & Ken Fredette – Contact Asha Carroll at email@example.com for times, location, etc.
• 1:00 pm Senate Candidates Canvass – Meet at 11 Royce Street, Rutland City. No experience necessary. Wear comfortable shoes.
Week 1 – Encourage friends and family to vote; volunteer to drive voters to the polls or to join a candidate at the polls on voting day (even a few minutes of standing on the line can make a world of difference to a tired candidate eager for a little company)
Hope to see you at one or more of these events!
* To sign-up for emails/phone calls about upcoming canvassing opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the district you’re interested in canvassing in.
* To get a lawn sign for a state-wide or county-candidate, email email@example.com or the candidate. For a local Representative, contact that candidate.
* To contribute photos or stories to the Rutland County Democratic Website and/or Facebook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org