With a little over 5 weeks to go until the election, here are some ways to get involved:
Week 5 – Make sure everyone knows that early voting has started; encourage friends and family to vote and to vote early. Put out a lawn sign, write a letter to the editor, and brag to your friends and families about your efforts. Go to ActBlue and contribute to one or more candidates. As little as $5 helps! https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/rutland
And attend these events:
Wednesday October 3
• Phonebanking for candidates Dave Potter & Ken Fredette – Contact Asha Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org for times, location, etc.
• 2-4 pm Honk & Wave for Democratic/Progressive Senate Candidates at corner of Columbiana Ave and 4, Rutland City
Thursday, October 4
• 2-4 pm Honk & Wave for Democratic/Progressive Senate Candidates at corner of Allen St. and 7, Rutland City
• 4-5:30 pm Meet and Greet Senate Candidate Scott Garren – The Foundry, Killington
Friday, October 5
• 2-4 pm Honk & Wave with Honk & Wave for Democratic/Progressive Senate Candidates at corner of Windcrest and 7, Rutland City
• 4-7:30 pm Canvassing with the Vermont Democratic Party, meet at the Speakeasy Café at 67 Center Street Rutland City
Saturday October 6
• Canvassing for candidates Dave Potter & Ken Fredette – Contact Asha Carroll at email@example.com for times, location, etc.
• 1:45 pm Canvass with Tim Guiles – meet at 44 Carver St., Brandon. No experience necessary. Wear comfortable shoes.
• 6 pm Bernie Sanders Dinner Rally at the Vermont Farmers Food Center, 251 West Street, Rutland. https://www.facebook.com/events/305202620066826/ This event is open to the public so please tell your friends, family, and neighbors. RSVP https://act.berniesanders.com/event/rallies_attend/23?t=7&akid=165%2E17883%2E43fEek
• 7-9 pm Rupert Rally with Rep. Robin Chesnut-Tangerman – with concert by Dayna Kurtz. Rupert Congregational Church, 2890 Route 153, Rupert, Vermont https://www.facebook.com/events/321698551939559/
Sunday October 7 at 10 am – 7 pm Canvassing with the Vermont Democratic Party, meet at the Speakeasy Café at 67 Center Street Rutland City
Week 4 – Attend the Wednesday Oct 10 Gubernatorial Debate at 6:30 pm at the Paramount Theater; and attend the Friday October 12 Castleton Indivisible postcarding party for nationwide elections.
Week 3 – Join a Get-out-the-vote canvas. Don’t know where one’s being held? Ask us.
Week 2 – Attend the Thursday October 25 Castleton Indivisible postcarding party for local elections; march with the Democrats in the Saturday October 27 Rutland City Halloween Parade.
Week 1 – Encourage friends and family to vote; volunteer to join a candidate at the polls on voting day (even a few minutes of standing on the line can make a world of difference to a tired candidate eager for a little company)
Hope to see you at one or more of these events over the next few weeks!